Compressor Capacity Controls
Air Compressors with Spiral Valve
- Variable displacement air end allows compression volume to change based on spiral valve location
- Provides energy efficient turn down up to 50%, at a fraction of the VSD price
- Sullair capacity control systems are simple, reliable and consist of a proven spiral valve and inlet butterfly valve
- LS Series features Sullair Electronic Spiral Valve with efficient turn down to 55%
- Provides energy savings up to 30% compared to standardcontrol systems
- Matches compressor displacement with output need
- Outstanding energy efficiency in all operating conditions including high elevation and dirty environments
Variable Speed Drive Air Compressors
- Sullair Smart Technology applies design simplicity to variable speed drive for improved performance and unrivaled benefits
- Turndown capability down to 20% (100-15% range)
- Provides significant energy savings
- Performs “soft” start, avoiding high in-rush current at start-up
- Unlimited starts and stops provide flexibility and energy savings
- Automatically controls acceleration and deceleration; reduces stress on mechanical components
- Built-in harmonic filtration saves the expense of purchasing additional costly corrective devices
Sullair Energy Efficiency Controls
Rotary Screw Air Compressors
This option offers big benefits and maximum return on investment.
Heat can be recovered and converted into recirculating air for comfort
heating in plants or pre-heated process air. When not required, heat is
rejected to the outdoors.
Annual Energy Savings
A 300 hp (224 kW) compressor can generate 13,610 BTU/minute.
This represents 8.16 therms/hour of usable heat worth $4,080 per
1000 hours of compressor operation at $0.50/therm.
Payback in Less than Two Years
Recover costs in less than two years with the resulting energy savings.
The EES® can be installed for an initial investment equal to or less than
nearly any heat recovery system.
Thermostatic monitoring and the ability to mix outdoor air with
recirculating air allows for better temperature control. Temperature
range can be adjusted from 50°F to 90°F (10°C to 32°C).
Negative Pressure Problem Solved
By bringing in a continuous flow of outside air, the EES System will
provide positive make-up air to virtually eliminate negative pressure
in the plant.
Models vary by region. Contact your Sullair sales representative for more details.